Empowering vibrant, grace-filled living across all generations.
Sharing your time and talents with people who need you. Volunteering gives you an opportunity to provide your special touch of kindness to our residents. Your labor of love at the Luther Oaks will include work with both residents and professionals in a wide range of activities:
• Resident Services: spending time with residents, visiting, reading, or enjoying a walk together
• Resident Activities: playing cards, board games, making crafts, etc.
• Resident Escort: transfer residents in wheelchairs to activity
• General Store: assisting residents with their shopping needs
• Computer Companions: Working with residents who have questions about operations, programs and/or software.
• Special Event Ambassadors: Assisting the Life Enrichment staff with special event centerpieces, decorations, assisting guests etc. during special events and activities
• Support Ambassadors: Assisting with greeting, setting up, introducing special guest presenters.
• Handiman Assistants: Assisting staff and residents with projects that require volunteers that have skills in putting furniture together, woodworking and building.
•Entertainment: Volunteers are needed to entertain residents with music and voice performances. Performances can be a one time performances or on a more regular basis during dinner services.
• Pet Therapy: visiting residents with your approved dog
Benefits You Receive
Volunteering is not just about giving, but also receiving. Volunteering can be a way for people with common interests to meet, get to know each other, stay informed and connect on a social level. It’s easier to contribute to the greater good when you feel a sense of belonging!
Many of our volunteers serve on a regular basis, spending 1-3 hours per week.
Requirements to Get Started
Prospective volunteers (starting at age 16) must complete an application, interview/orientation and training. A basic criminal background check will be conducted on volunteers that are on the Luther Oaks campus on a regular, ongoing basis. We will match your interests with Luther Oaks needs. Bring a friend, sibling, or other loved one along! Volunteer opportunities are available and ongoing,
Volunteer opportunities are available and ongoing,
We thank you for your support and commitment to our ministry of service.
For information about volunteer opportunities
please call (309) 557-8000.